8mm 100% Hemp Rope5/16" organic hemp rope. 8mm hemp rope is the preferred width for Shibari, bondage, ninja ropes, as well as pet toys, children's toys, furniture-making, and historical reenactments - harpoons, historical villages, etc...
What makes our organic hemp rope different is that it's completely untreated, raw, chemical-free, plastic-free and 100% biodegradable. We grow, comb, and twist our long-strand hemp ropes into premium-quality versatile hemp ropes that are as skin-friendly as can be. To use our hemp ropes for Shibari and bondage, refer to conditioning steps below.
Our organic hemp ropes are sweatshop-free and completely natural, unbleached, undyed, and safe for people, animals, and the planet. Our hemp ropes are super skin-friendly, thanks to their smooth and soft texture.
Clean twisted, skin-friendly 100% organically grown European hemp ropes. 8mm diameter (0.32" = ~5/16"). 1-kg spool (~77'). Made in-house in our European atelier. Unbleached and undyed. Our premium-quality hemp ropes are easy to dye. Skin-friendly. Safe for people, children, pets, and the environment. 100% biodegradable. Great for all types of projects from furniture building, signage, bondage, gardening, to childrens' and pet toys.
Conditioning your organic hemp ropes for Shibari, bondage, and ninja rope tie:
- Launder ropes in mesh laundry bags. Optionally, add oxygen-based whiteners if you wish.
- Hemp ropes have a natural burlap-y scent, which some people love and other people not so much. To dissipate this scent. launder 2-3 times, warm or hot water. Using hot water will soften the hemp ropes even more, which some people like and others who prefer to feel the tension don't.
- Tumble dry in the dryer. As our hemp rope is twisted, to make the inside fibres dry, stretch the hemp ropes on two poles or wrap around the chair back, etc... to allow the inside fibres to dry out. This may take a day or longer, depending on your indoor temperature and humidity.
- Rub the hemp ropes against the sharp corners of wood (like 2x4) or another object to clean out more of the hard bits and to stretch the rope further.
- Dye the rope to the color of your choice, if desired.
- Many customers oil and wax their hemp ropes at this stage. Almond oil, hemp oil, jojoba oil, or beeswax, depending on needs and presence.
- Singe off any fuzzy bits of the hemp ropes using flame.
- Tie the ends of the hemp ropes in your preferred knot.
TRADE DISCOUNTS apply on all hempen ropes.
The Purest Organic Hemp Ropes